Saturday, December 29, 2018

the cats meow

you run and laugh 
and fight like I do 
Is it true? 
are you fearless like the wind 
quick as a hawks wing 
hyena laughter 
half pistol, half moonflower soft 
howling if not singing 
at the swinging moon
do you dream? 
do you dream of dying too? 
or of running in place 
everyone else is 
so close behind,
but never catching up
because independence
 is everything 
and my loneliness
is the cats meow
i’m not afraid to be alone 
or am I?
i feel see through 
i wait for you to notice 
how much of a coward i am
you poke at the thin walls 
i feel fragile and small 
and i hate it all 
watch me bite your head off 
watch me bark and howl 
and laugh at my growl
im better than this 
i don’t dress to impress,
but i won’t look like a mess
and i refuse to digress
somebody’s gotta 
take me seriously 
because i sure don’t

No comments:

Post a Comment