Wednesday, December 26, 2018

july twenty seven

i apologize, for the grief 
when i yelled instead of crying 
when i was loud instead of quiet 
when i pushed you, 
instead of kissing your face 
i apologize for the heaviness
when i piled on the weight

and when i pressured you to move 
when you needed to wait
i am sorry for the walls, 
instead of opening the gate 
and when i turned into stone, 
when you needed a soft face
i know i move too fast,
when you need a slow pace

i know i miss all the details 
and brush over small things 
and i look to the future
then forget where i need to be 
i know i carry a lot
and look down on the weak 
and then i seem to collapse
from the smallest of things 

i know i bulldoze the garden
instead of letting it grow 
i know i feel too much 
and i can’t let it show 
and i tear down the boundaries 
when you expect me to save face 
i know im rocking the boat
and im a kick in the face 

im sorry for the ways
i could be better, i could do more 
im on your side, but sometimes 
i think i make you hurt more
forgive me for the failure 
forgive me for the grief 
forgive me for the anger
forgive me for being me 

No comments:

Post a Comment