Wednesday, February 13, 2013

V

caught between memories
faces i've seen shine bright
love like the ocean
doesn't care who you are, where you've been 
washes over like a riptide
like a summer night
like the bluest sky
everything hurts when you come near
nothing makes sense 
when you're hopping the fence
to dig in the graveyard
and resurrect this death
you know everything that's buried grows.

you've given me quiet streams
trails unending, mountains to reach
you're everything, you're too much
you're faster than me, you're face to face
to tell me that you're with me 
and I'm enough. 

i'm lifted up, i'm held by you
i'm not less, i'm not sinking, i'm not death
 i'm free like the mountainside
running like the river
i am a song that reverberates on these rocky trails.
 i'm not going anywhere too far from you

No comments:

Post a Comment