Monday, February 25, 2013

Pilgrim

i have a story
i can't even read
the dark pages i ignore,
you write with gold
you read outloud
to break the silent shame
the plot a plundering thief
the script a suffering piece
the fighting severe, sometimes it's killing me
tangible breaking, perfection is faking

i have a brother

hiking with me
dancing like david 
singing in the trees
we built ferocious fires
on the brink of the lake
broke bread and stayed up late
throwing rocks at the stillness,
you told me not to be so serious
dreaming of surfing and swordfish
adventure burns brightly in my mind
my only expectation.
 
i have a sea
that is waiting for me
riptides to tear me up
oceans to drink
words scratched in stone
never forgotten
these rivers are running
right into my chest

perched on the cliff

i could see for miles
the things i run from are deep inside me
lay down your backpack 
break the walking stick
wilderness open wide my heart
for the Mountains drown it all in grace

No comments:

Post a Comment