Thursday, February 21, 2013

September 16, 2012

it's dark, and the small things 
that sing quietly in the trees 
are the best sound i've ever heard
i feel small, too small
like i'd rather not speak
yell louder than the crashing waves
and beautiful songs
and everyone else's words of wisdom
i remember a time when you knew my name
& and maybe even what i was thinking
but sun's gone down and now i'm drinking 
the medicine that i made
turn my face towards the stars 
blur my eyes with tears 

You met me in the woods 
and up in the mountains, 
where the snow runs down to race the rivers
falling head over heels in love with Danger
you've kept me safe, you've tied the anchor
you want me around, you brought me here
so turn my face to the stars 
blur my eyes with tears
turn summer days to years 

"I'll never stop."




1 comment: