Saturday, November 2, 2019

cats eyes

cats eyes 
threaten mine 
challenge my words
threaten my existence 
laughing at 
the thin skin 
that covers whatever 
it is im made of

as the sun sets low 
i will miss the point 
i will pass the signs
blame it on my adhd 
blame it on my self pity
blame it on my bad eyes 
im too much 
it’s too late to know 
you’re trying to tell me 
to go slow
im missing the hint again, i know 

if it’s so obvious how did i miss it 
keep telling me and i will dismiss it 
the moon hangs high
an unblinking eye 
then it winks at me
and i realize maybe 
i am a show 
i am a mockery 
you are here to point 
and gawk at me 
because i will tell 
a thousand stories 
i will make you look at me 
ill be your dog 
ill be a golden boy 
for anyone who wants me
im at your door 
waiting for the call
im underneath the table 
waiting for a crumb to fall
and i make believe 
that i understand 
i am made of clay 
i am made of sand 

ill be your dog 
ill be a golden boy 
for anyone who wants me at all
does anybody want me at all?



No comments:

Post a Comment