Wednesday, July 4, 2018

i will wrap my arms around today

it’s funny that
each day is new 
but familiar enough 
to feel right and real 

when dawn breaks 
so does my heart, a little 
just enough 
to let grace seep into the cracks 
just enough to soak in, 
this new day 

my arms have stretched wide 
so wide, that they are sore 
they are torn 
from years of living 
i will wrap my arms around today 
i will wrap my arms around you 
i will hold you, i will love you 
but i will let go
i could never keep 
or contain, or control
such divine people 
such wild, beautiful things 
but somehow i can hold them close 

my mind is open
my back is tired
my heart is broken
but it heals bit by bit
my heart is broken, 
just enough, to let it soak in 
all the pain, all the promise 
all the life 
in this new day 

No comments:

Post a Comment