Thursday, June 28, 2018

libra

I saw you
I knew we would be friends
the way you walk
and talk
and laugh at the sun
I couldn’t pin you down
you bird in the wind
I cannot make you stay
a tiger untamed
you’re not lost,
you’re not on the run
like me, you walk fast
wherever you’re going
earthy and happy
clay on your hands,
the color of rust
food in your pockets
dancing in trust
music at midnight
you shake off the dust
your heart is full
a millionaire
with empty hands.

I see you,
I know we are friends
I don’t pretend to know
the depths that you swim

you’re not here to help me
you’re not here to need me
I’m not here to fix you
and get you to change

I will tread lightly
and accept this gift
I’m here for you, Libra
I’ll be close and distant
we both need to breathe
I’ll let you be
I’m happy to be
independent and me
but on your team
for the time being
short it may be
maybe a year
or just a few minutes
if it’s longer than planned
I’ll walk with you, friend

June 17

No comments:

Post a Comment