Wednesday, February 12, 2020

they’re growing too

yellow thoughts
bright and new
slow thoughts
gray or green
dull in the morning
quiet and sweet.
groggy eyes, sore feet
you told me you need
more space to breathe.

i push you
or do i pull
i find direction, distraction
i need space too
i need to fling off restraints
eliminate factors
rest from the push, the pull
the dance of the other. 
does my distance
just make you worry.
let go my honey.
i let go too. retract my claws.
they grab when im hungry. 
trust me, im still a wolf.
a tiger, leave me to hunt. 
i push you, or i stop.
please get up. or sit down.
please take what you want

walk out the door,
wander the greenhouse
follow your hunger
you’ll find new pages
clear the fog, the haze
you own the day
you’ll find yourself,
in tact, at the center
still bright green, growing
green blue blends
red, blurring glaze
orange poppies
dark soil, 
brown as coffee
weeds gather, 
they are beautiful
they’re growing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment