Tuesday, March 5, 2019

i won’t die that way

i won’t die like that
drama and disaster
my ugly wounds 
cutting through my skin 
disgrace on my face
for all the world to see
i want to begin
i don’t want to end

you will die this way
bleeding out the poison
breaking the bones 
til they’re better
see, you’re no fighter
you’re not strong, 
you’re small
falling to your knees 
for all the world to see
your shame

no i won’t 
i won’t die that way
i’ll stay with you
i’ll take care of me, 
take care of you
i’ll wrap my arms
around the pain 
and kiss your tears
i’ll grow strong 
like the spring time
i can take the pain
i can lose and keep living
i can say goodbye
because it’s worth
all that ive been given
all of the joy that,
has splashed my face
and left me weak
& soaking wet
and made me stronger
all the time we’ve had together
it’s all that matters to me
it’s a blur, it’s a book
life is a movie
so we keep moving
we keep living

maybe i’ll live 
to see sixty more summers
ill fade like a flower
or vanish like a burnt out star
ill take a bullet for you
or fall asleep 
in the arms of cancer
or in the arms of a lover
in a swing at sunset
but i won’t die that way,
i won’t die that way


No comments:

Post a Comment