Monday, January 28, 2013

Summer Tracks

run through tall grass
off the path
holes in my shoes, rips in my jeans
i'm searching for you, come alive
the sunlight stunning in the air
i've seen your smile, but it's been a year.

do you remember the rope swing?
and how we talked in the trees
cursing our parents cause we didnt know
fighting our friends for something to show
never thinking we could really leave
dreaming of neverland and stormy seas

meet me at the tracks
to rant and run and yell at the world
cry at the memories, laugh at the devil
breaking sticks and promises
throwing down what we couldn't carry
we're not much older really
you always make me smile
like kids in the quicksand
climbing cliffs with cigars and guns
praying for adventure (we knew it would come)

meet me at the tracks
trace the rusted steel
walk the line between fake and real
waiting for trains and transcendence
running from anyone, jumping the fences
tell me your stories and crazy dreams
i told you we'll fix the breaking seams

i tell you you're a poet and you tell me i'm a pirate,
and you love me anyways.

in the end we decided:
shoes are unnecessary 
mountains are in our wake
oceans are in our reach 
dreams are the road we take 




1 comment: