Thursday, December 20, 2012

Young Blood

it's 2am, let this begin
my eyes are bright, my hands are cold
my right hand dripping red and gold 
i'll admit i'm hurt and free
despite the present treachery
you tell me that you'll come with me 
when i jump the passing train.
i'm scared as hell of life and love
and people who just see the good 
but here tonight (only with you) 
what fun to get arrested. 
i can't see straight, we're high on life
we're tripping on our own flight
you lost your shoes, and he gets the fine 
and i lose my mind tonight

these towers lead to heaven 

these tunnels lead to light

a cop somewhere is preaching 

the drunks, i hear them screeching
we're running and i'm reaching 
tell me i'm alive

we're dressed in black to mourn the loss

we're burning furnace, gold and dross
tomorrow find me at the cross
tell me i'm alive

No comments:

Post a Comment