Saturday, November 3, 2012

Montauk Map

you are familiar 
like sandals on feet
and the sand in between 
and brightest eyes. 
sweatshirts, and hair in your face-
do you live in this place? 
or are you just visiting. 
the water rises in swells 
drenching my shorts 
all the ships in your ports 
may be sailing- 
but I'm still here. 
I can taste the salt, 
of every new sea, 
with it's watery colors
and ever-y tree 
is a story. 
the other side of the map. 
and the rocks hurt my feet
and the tears in my eyes-
'cause I'm happy.

you know this place, you're a sailboat , I know- 
and this harbor is home, beneath blue sky. 
I could write books about you 
you won't stop smiling 
your hands are cold 
and the tears in your eyes, 'cause you're happy.

1 comment:

  1. Felt like I was standing in the surf next to you... Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete