Monday, November 13, 2017

i know your birthday

Your eyes search 
Looking into me
What do you see? 

Your words speak 
Try to teach me
What reaches me? 

Your hands reach
out to touch me
maybe cautiously 

You come come after me
maybe aimlessly 
like the falling leaves
but they have a fire 
they burn and
they breathe
yellow and gold
wind and relief 

i couldn’t remember
all that you said
my heart doesn’t feel it 
but it’s in my head 
i couldn’t remember 
what I wanted to say
i’m eager to leave
but wanting to stay 

i can’t recall 
the normal things
color of your eyes, 
emotional thing 
i know your blood type
i hear when you sing
i am here, i’m not listening 

i cannot recall 
the easiest things 
tone of your voice, 
color of your skin
i know your birthday
i know your best friend 
i am here, would you stay with me 

No comments:

Post a Comment