Thursday, December 8, 2016

Growing Up

Newly born 
I felt like an infant among adults 
Small and weak, in a tall, strong crowd 
The world was brand new 
And I cried so hard
Pain and joy, mingled into one 

Thank you for your patience, 
As I learn to walk
I fall, and fall again, and you help me up 
You call me forward, hands outstretched 
I don't feel ashamed 
Because you're my mother,
and I'm learning to walk 

Thank you for your eyes  
As I learn to run
I trip, and fall hard, and you help me up 
You look me in the eyes, and call my name 
I don't feel ashamed 
Because you're my father 
and I'm learning to walk 

Newly born 
I am a child among children 
Faithful and trusting, in a tall, noisy crowd
This world, our temporary home 
And I cry so hard
Joy and pain, mingled into one 

No comments:

Post a Comment